So...how weird is the city you live in?

Go down

So...how weird is the city you live in?

Post by Bluecollarlove on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Well someone pointed me to this site to fill in the humorous moments:

[url= http://www.gumtree.com/london/5217_1.html][/url]

I never realised this kind of 'underworld' existed here - but have a look at the a) number b) type of postings here! They all border on the loony, insane or just down-right pervy. Well ignore what I think......looks like this is a huge sub-culture with a high weirdo index and its here to stay.

So what's the city where you live like? Does it have one of these public boards too?

Last edited by Bluecollarlove on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So...how weird is the city you live in?

Post by DanHam on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Mine is very weird, population of about 150, full of farmers with their trousers around their ankles stood behind sheep Wink

and also you will be SHOCKED to know there is a family up the road that can barely speak English!

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Lol at that website.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg J on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Gumtree is full of stolen bikes btw, if yours gets nicked, have a look on there!

Or if you want one cheap.. lmao
Greg J
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 am

Gum tree is so weird, I saw adverts for a man willing to impregnate woman, and a handy man willing to do odd jobs for lonely woman with only a bit of flirting for payment lol

I cant belive they have the balls to post these things lol
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 am

Lissee wrote:and a handy man willing to do odd jobs for lonely woman with only a bit of flirting for payment lol

That was will you know.... lol

Aprilia RS50 - sold
Honda CBR400 - current
Something Ridiculously Fast - next
CraigB
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 pm

LOOOOL Craig lol!

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Mean one Craig Smile

Swindon in Wiltshire is starting to become respectable actually; although it has a reputation for being 'chav-capital', it also looks like it is going to be one of the first wi-fi free cities in the whole of England!

Yeah - the Gumtree stuff is just downright weird. I don't know whether the anonymity allows people to be even more weird than they would normally dare, or whether Gumtree is the ultimate website for weirdo expression Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I think some people on Gumtree are there to take the p**s, I certainly wouldn't post my details on there to sell or offer anything. Some of those guys on there are damn right strange.

Speaking of strange I had some idiot test me tonight saying they were 'Jesus' I replied asking if they were by any chance kept in a padded cell, then they said something about being crazy about me! Then when I went on to say it was a male, they replied saying they had a m**ge Rolling Eyes I never bothered after that, I have better people to text than damn right weirdo's like themselves.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah - there are a lot of sensationalist type middle-aged balding perves like that, who try to be as ridiculous as possible to elicit a reaction. They like the shock and displeasure on someone's face.

My girlfriend had that with a guy who turned around and asked her for sex at a bus stop. She's mastered the art of looking disinterested and just responds "Boring" and looks elsewhere. They often get disappointed that they didn't succeed in offending others. Although I guess, because she spent so many years teaching kids, she's pretty much used to any and everything people throw at her in the city.

Lol ~ sounds like you met the nutcase who came to the cafe I was wi-fi'ing in last month who was annoying a couple with his grandiose proclamations.

It wasn't Will pretending to be someone else, was it? lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Ohh dear there really are some nut cases around that are so sick to ask a stranger for sex in a bus stop! If I was a woman I would be awfully tempted to accept then when he has his pride and joy out I would then proceed to remove it from his body with a blunt knife, they deserve no more Very Happy

Shock is exactly what they are bound to see on someone's face, hell I even bet some women become very scared by these weird people.

Hmm do you know when I first read the text I actually though it may be Will, I'm not sure he has my number unless Matt or Josh has given it to him, hmm I'll do some digging Very Happy

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Cities certainly breed more men in long trench coats Sad

Most women behave....just like women, and go running off screaming with their hair and umbilical cords waving around in panic. It's moments like that, my girlfriend realises, it's much better getting around with quiet efficiency on a motorcycle where people can't do things like that to you Smile

Yeah - that txt msg sounds like a wind-up alright. I hate getting junk on my mobile phone and barely ever text anyone. I might call if I'm late, but I never have conversations on a mobile!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Ahh I get you.

Well your girlfriend sounds a lot less like most of the women that take one look at a gang and then have a nervous break down Laughing

Hmm I have an idea of who it is now, shes a strange girl, obsessed with me apparently Rolling Eyes lol I wish I wouldn't have texted back now, I don't really enjoy texting unless I have found myself a girl that I like Wink tongue

I talk on the phone to my Dad mostly, I used to have to ring my Mum when I arrived at places when I was on my bike but she's fine with it now.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah ~ she's very independent. Maybe too independent lol!

Neither of us like crowds much, but we kind of make do. There are more opportunities (good and bad) in a city than in somewhere rural - really, you'd need to have job/home sorted before moving to the countryside. That's the problem - and countryside is now huge in terms of real estate, with everyone wanting a slice of the countryside to escape from each other in the city....

Obsessed girls are so unattractive. I don't know what it is - maybe they just instill pity and contempt in people? If they can't respect themselves, how can they truly respect anyone else, without just becoming a kind of slave dog in a relationship lol.

The funny thing about being in college is, girls can be more forward with guys whom they see around them, than they would ever dare be once they're over 18.

Maybe you need to enjoy it while you can lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Swindon is like 15 mins on the train away from me Very Happy
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:09 am

Bluecollarlove wrote:Yeah - there are a lot of sensationalist type middle-aged balding perves like that, who try to be as ridiculous as possible to elicit a reaction. They like the shock and displeasure on someone's face.

My girlfriend had that with a guy who turned around and asked her for sex at a bus stop. She's mastered the art of looking disinterested and just responds "Boring" and looks elsewhere. They often get disappointed that they didn't succeed in offending others. Although I guess, because she spent so many years teaching kids, she's pretty much used to any and everything people throw at her in the city.

Lol ~ sounds like you met the nutcase who came to the cafe I was wi-fi'ing in last month who was annoying a couple with his grandiose proclamations.

It wasn't Will pretending to be someone else, was it? lol!

Thats happened to me twice , once at a bus stop and once outside an old folks home , but I was only about 14 at the time so they were probably paedophiles.

When your that age tho it really scares you because you have had it instilled to you not to be cheeky or rude to older people then your put in a very dangerous situation and dont know how to handle it. Its just so surreal..
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Crikes. Sorry to hear that Lissee.

It is true that paedophiles are more likely to target teenage girls, rather than older gilrs who would know how to kick off an alarm or get others attention.

Just makes me think that public space is filled with too much riff-raff and the odds are, it's safer to travel by motorcycle where you have your own bodyspace and it's harder for perves to try anything on.

Having said that, I was out in central London with a friend of mine having a drink. He's Spanish and his English isn't that great. Right in middle of Picadillly Circus, a gang of 5 guys walked past us and one of them just stuck out his hand and squeezed my friend's bottom. I only saw the perve's hand let go as he said 'cor ~ nice ass mate!' and almost swung my bottle over the guy's head before my mate held me back. He said it wasn't worth it. It's just shocking that this can happen right in the middle of a busy precinct full of people.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I do feel much safer over here than in the cities in England , I have lived in Nottingham and Liverpool.

I was out in Nottingham city center one time and got seperated from my mates so was trying to get a taxi home, I ended up getting into a really weird verbal fight with this man, one of the taxi drivers saw i was getting into a bad situation so told me to get in, anyway the next day on the news that man had went into the toilets opposite , sexually assulted a girl then knifed her boyfriend as he tried to protect her.

Lucky escape for me, I walk home at silly hours in the morning by myself here from a night out and never had any problems.
I know u can never be too careful but the chances of any problems here are so much smaller than cities
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benneyboy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 am

yeah i used to live in gloucester and thats a shit hole now , although may well be moving back sometime soon yet unsure,

For now i live in a little sea side town called sidmouth its shit but its a good laugh on the bike and mate with cars if ya get me lol

Dont confuse me with saxo loving chav will though i cruise in a rx 7 !!!

Lissee wrote :
U boys have the exhaust, us girlies need something too lol
Benneyboy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 am

Sidmouth? Where the hell is that lol!

'Saxo loving chav'.....hmmm..are you referring to Will? Very Happy

Lissee - Nottingham has a reputation for being pretty rough. Night walking ain't safe in most of the Englihs cities - even smaller cities you tend to get drug addicts aggregating and looking for opportunities to score a high. I guess where you live in the provincial island, it's far safer partly because there is still more of a community ethos than say, in London, where you get greater migrant drift - Scots/Welsh/Irish/Europeans and overseas too. That kind of set up is a breeding ground for weirdos!

I used to go to Ireland for holiday and loved the west coast. Lol. No one locked their doors at night - in fact, people keep their keys on the outside of their doors, in case their neighbours need to get in lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:28 am

Yeah in general it is pretty safe, unfortunately it only takes one bad egg in an area to do a whole lot of harm, Im much happier living here than in a city.
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 am

Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 am

Yeah well, Belfast is a city so my last comment still stands lol . If you search some more you will fine plenty other bad things too but compared to me and my friends experiences when we have lived in england it seems much safer here .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:03 pm

That's true....you could live somewhere where the sheep outnumber people (not referring to Dan of course Very Happy) and be far safer ....... Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down