Music You Ride To?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Music You Ride To?

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:12 pm

When i finnally get my act together and get my full bike licence ill come and meet you both on my SRAD Wink
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah Craig, search these post codes. LL21 and SY11. I can be at either of them Wink

Lol will by the time you get a SRAD, my restriction will be up and I will be on hello Mr Big Bike with a fuck load of power Wink

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

lmao, seen my sig dan?

Aprilia RS50 - sold
Honda CBR400 - current
Something Ridiculously Fast - next
CraigB
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Who said it would be restricted? who said it was a 600 or 750 Wink
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:

Yeah - they're very decent! A snip at around £20,000!!! Shocked

They're not mine (I wish). That's the cost of 2x Factory bikes.

Besides, I use DJ closed back monitoring headphones....much cheaper at £200/pair!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Yeah I seen it Craig, I've been looking at bigger bikes, I found that a 1000cc V-twin has about the same power as a 636 or a 675, Hmm hard decisions to be made in the future ayyye.

WOWW £20,000 :O mind you if you have the money then why not, I be the sound is incredible.

Well my ear phones happen to be ipod ones, what a coincidence Morgan, they used to be yours Very Happy:D

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:15 pm

My earphones are broke now Sad
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Gutted Will

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 pm

got none now Sad
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Aww bugger, go rob some you pikey Wink

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Im not a pikey
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

DanHam wrote:Yeah I seen it Craig, I've been looking at bigger bikes, I found that a 1000cc V-twin has about the same power as a 636 or a 675, Hmm hard decisions to be made in the future ayyye.

WOWW £20,000 :O mind you if you have the money then why not, I be the sound is incredible.

Well my ear phones happen to be ipod ones, what a coincidence Morgan, they used to be yours Very Happy:D

Nooo! Defo don't have the money for that kind of headphone! Even my hi-fi system won't bring that much in!

Most headphones (hi-fi) need decent amps to drive them. My iPod has a little sh*t amp which is weak, even though I use good headphones which are easy to drive. I just bought a new portable headphone amp to boost the quality from the iPod. They make these tiny little headphone amps so you can carry them around in your pocket with your iPod and get near hi-fi aurals experience Smile

You still not broken those iPod phones yet Dan?!

Will - that's what you get for buying cheap ASDA crap! If you weren't so vain and settled on the white iPod earphones instead of the black in-ear ones ......Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:00 pm

If I was millionaire I would buy them Smile

Woww, you don't half like the music, I like to keep my ipod small to fit into my pocket, quality doesn't bother me as long as it keeps me motivated when I'm pumping iron and keeps those annoying squealing girls out on the bus Very Happy

How much did this mini amp cost you? Is it small enough to get into your pocket?

Nope they are still going strong Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Yeah - music really transports me into another world. Once you move beyond music as a form of entertainment, into depth music (no - not Robbie Williams!) as a kind of spiritual experience, it's like a life line.

http://www.mp3amplifier.com/product_info.php/cPath/20/products_id/55?osCsid=o7pvrub48gm960ppfocbsahue7

This one gets the best reviews. It's not bad price, but it was around US$12 when it first came out. Same size as a 4th generation iPod and very light. We always pay more in the UK, but it's still affordable. This one has the best signal:noise ratio for its amplification and a 20 hour rechargeable battery life. It's very good value for a cheap headphone amp! Dramatically improves sound quality from any crappy PSP or iPod or iPhone on the go!

My dream headphone amp is this one:

but it's 10x as expensive as the Fiio5 and 3x as big Sad
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTenerife on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:31 pm

DanHam wrote:Not long now MT, the 125 is near Wink
5 months....5 months...
MasterTenerife
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 46robbie46 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Yeah - music really transports me into another world. Once you move beyond music as a form of entertainment, into depth music (no - not Robbie Williams!) as a kind of spiritual experience, it's like a life line.

http://www.mp3amplifier.com/product_info.php/cPath/20/products_id/55?osCsid=o7pvrub48gm960ppfocbsahue7

This one gets the best reviews. It's not bad price, but it was around US$12 when it first came out. Same size as a 4th generation iPod and very light. We always pay more in the UK, but it's still affordable. This one has the best signal:noise ratio for its amplification and a 20 hour rechargeable battery life. It's very good value for a cheap headphone amp! Dramatically improves sound quality from any crappy PSP or iPod or iPhone on the go!

My dream headphone amp is this one:

but it's 10x as expensive as the Fiio5 and 3x as big Sad

I know what you mean about getting in-depth with music lol, youreally learn to apprecciate it in the end, pink floyd does that to me!
46robbie46
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I enjoy pretty much most music, if its on my Ipod, I'll listen to it Smile Yeah I must say I have noticed that, I would much rather come home on here and put music on than watch the TV.

Ahh thats not so bad, I couldn't really carry it on the bus, I would get called a 'sad bastard' like I do for coming on these forums Sad If I used the Ipod long term at home then it would be a good little buy. I never knew you could get them as small as that you know. They look really good, its only about the size of the Ipod shuffle, sod it, I think I might order one after xmas, I fancy something to make it sound crisper Very Happy

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Wow. I'm very discriminating about my music taste! I do have very different genres - like classical, but even then, I only listen to 1 type of classical music.

Everything on my iPod really sucks. The sound quality is so inferior compared to portable minidisc or cd player. Ideally I'd carry the cd player, but shoving a huge saucer down my trouser pocket doesn't look very cool. These days I've been listening to my minidisc player. Don't ask why. Everyone says that MP3 compression shouldn't be that bad, but it is when I hear it. Besides, the cool thing about the minidisc player, is you can record any music direct from computer via the headphone socket. No licence needed like on iTunes or Spotify Smile Few people realise this, but minidisc was a brilliant technology!

Yeah - only audiophiles know about mini-headphone amplifers Smile

Those blue and red Hornet headphone amps from the States will give your home hi-fi system a run for their money, if not beat them!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 46robbie46 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Wow. I'm very discriminating about my music taste! I do have very different genres - like classical, but even then, I only listen to 1 type of classical music.

Everything on my iPod really sucks. The sound quality is so inferior compared to portable minidisc or cd player. Ideally I'd carry the cd player, but shoving a huge saucer down my trouser pocket doesn't look very cool. These days I've been listening to my minidisc player. Don't ask why. Everyone says that MP3 compression shouldn't be that bad, but it is when I hear it. Besides, the cool thing about the minidisc player, is you can record any music direct from computer via the headphone socket. No licence needed like on iTunes or Spotify Smile Few people realise this, but minidisc was a brilliant technology!

Yeah - only audiophiles know about mini-headphone amplifers Smile

Those blue and red Hornet headphone amps from the States will give your home hi-fi system a run for their money, if not beat them!

Ha, i remember when my cousin bought his minidisc player round to my house when i was younger, its like a CD, but smaller!!!

I have a decent pair of headphones for my ipod now, so it doesn't sound as bad as it did before with the shitty apple headphones they send with it.

I've been getting into Them Crooked Vultures lately, awesome band, just released their debut album. If you like rock stuff, it has Dave Ghrol, the bassist from Led Zep and the singer from Queens of the stone age. Exclamation
46robbie46
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Lol Robbie - that makes me sound like a dinosaur! Laughing

I love minidisc format - it's transparent and deep and the internal amp. quality from a top notch minidisc player was way better than anything the iPod would churn out!

Crikes - what is with you guys? That's the kind of music that was floating around before I was born. I like rock, but mostly alternative rock. This is the kind of stuff I was listening to at your age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDAgKKzsSE The band is called 'Live'. I still have their vinyl LP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnGWX0kYgc&feature=related

and Pearl Jam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4&feature=related

Most of my taste is actually American...not sure why. I just never got into British music, except for pop bands like The Railway Children or The Smiths.

Not heard the Crooked Vultures - British?
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 46robbie46 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:12 am

Bluecollarlove wrote:Lol Robbie - that makes me sound like a dinosaur! Laughing

I love minidisc format - it's transparent and deep and the internal amp. quality from a top notch minidisc player was way better than anything the iPod would churn out!

Crikes - what is with you guys? That's the kind of music that was floating around before I was born. I like rock, but mostly alternative rock. This is the kind of stuff I was listening to at your age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDAgKKzsSE The band is called 'Live'. I still have their vinyl LP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnGWX0kYgc&feature=related

and Pearl Jam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4&feature=related

Most of my taste is actually American...not sure why. I just never got into British music, except for pop bands like The Railway Children or The Smiths.

Not heard the Crooked Vultures - British?

Some of that stuff is okay actually lol.

Nope, them crooked vultures are American, they're bloody good aswell!

Im sitting here listening to Slade at the moment haha, gotta love a christmas song to get you in the spirit!!

Very Happy Very Happy
46robbie46
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 am

Yup ~ that's why I can put up with them vultures. If they were Brit, I'd probably have no interest. Can't stand British accents in music!!

They were reviewed some time ago in Paste Magazine:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/12/them-crooked-vultures-them-crooked-vultures.html

I can't tell if I liike music when listening to it through my computer. It's easier through a vinyl LP Smile

Christmas music generally sucks. There's so much trash out there. Recently I've discovered a few gems though. Mostly gurrly and soft and retro Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2T.Tom on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:36 am

tbh, stuff like the streets is mega for long rides tbh Smile
2T.Tom
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:44 pm

depends what sort of streets stuff you like!

Are you into Delerium and DJ Tiesto as well?
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 pm

DJ tiesto is awesome
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down