I need a hug now

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I need a hug now

Post by Lissee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 am

After will and his guinea pig talk yesterday, my 14 year old cat had a stroke last night and I had to get it put down this morning. Sad

But im always up for playing the 'glad game' . at least it didnt happen over christmas when the vet was shut and at least it was in the house and not in the middle of the snow where it might have been suffering for hours .

Last edited by Lissee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need a hug now

Post by JoshVFR on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:20 am

sorry to hear this .................... big hugs Smile lol

R.I.P - Lissee's 14yr old cat!
JoshVFR
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:43 am

Thanks Josh,
That wee cat has been the one thing thats has remained constant in my life, its been through all my house moves, my graduation, my marriage, my childrens arrivals , my new jobs, my separation , everything.

Just think Will was only 2 years old when I got my cat lol, thats a long time.
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshVFR on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:45 am

its seen 1 heck of a life then eh?

its got another 8 lives yet Razz

on another note is that ur face in your avater haha thats quality
JoshVFR
Newb
Newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:49 am

Yeah thats me lol, its a wee christman thing Elf youself, u stick a photo of uself on it and it does a stupid dance , will try and do a link to it, its very funny
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 am

Aww sorry to hear that lisse

*hugs lisse*
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benneyboy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:06 am

soz to hear that mrs sp , if you want you can have my fucking cat pissees me of all the time shiting in my gaff ill post it up as a present yeah.

on a serious note i rember when my Alsatian died she was called ginne and was the best dog in the world i grew up with her when i was 3 and she was a pup , when i was 13 down in holiday in devon (before i moved here ) my dad rang my mum and said that ginnie had to be put down as she had suffered from a twisted cut fucking horrible coming back that weekend empty space where she was like always said ill have another alstion best dogs ever , so heres a little virtual hug

Lissee wrote :
U boys have the exhaust, us girlies need something too lol
Benneyboy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Aw Lissee, my heart goes out to you. Losing a cat can hurt more than losing a person. My eyes still fill up when I think of my 4 legged friends past. I nearly lost my cat Smudge in May and I was a nervous wreck thinking of life without her.

Having such a lovely creature to spend so much time with is a real privilage. I hope you have plenty of treasured memories to keep close to your heart and that you can still enjoy some of your Christmas despite how sad you must feel right now.

*hugs* Sad
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks rap . Yeah more sad now than when my marriage broke up ( not that thats hard to beat lol ) seriously tho even tho I knew he wouldn't have much time left its still going to take a bit of getting used to . His wee bowls and bed are still there and I dont want to move them yet .
And ben . I had two german shep's before and they are amazing dogs and I will get another one again when The kids are a bit bigger .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chadz on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Aww lisa sorry for your loss. Sounds like the cat had a good life
chadz
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I really gutted to hear that Lissee. I'm taking care of a 18 year old cat for a friend which I've done for years, and I'm petrified thinking he's going to pop it on me.

How did you know your cat had a stroke? Was it not possible for your cat to enjoy living despite the stroke?

Hope it's not too painful at this time of year. Best wishes.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 am

It woke me up crying in pain and panting and draging itself round as its back legs werent working, it was actually a blood clot somewhere in its body blocking off the blood supply to its lower half. there was no pulse in its legs and u could see the skin at the toe nails were blue. The vet said she has only one cat that responded well to treatment and as he is so old it would be cruel to try it as it is a very painful condition.

it was a horrible morning trying to get everyone dressed and out to the childminder before i could get to the vets when the cat was crawling round
in pain and I just wanted to comfort it.

It is sad but once you have kids it puts pets into perspective too and so long as my kids are healthy thats my main concern.
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 am

Wow Lissee - that must've been quite a shock to experience. Poor moggie Sad

Must've been sad for the kids to see as well. I took the cat I'm babysitting to the vet for a check-up. He said he thought the cat might have hyperthyroidism (no - I don't think so. I checked it out last time the cat was in my care in autumn) and repeated some blood tests and then charged me £120! Ug.

The price of private cat care...
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:10 am

Bluecollarlove wrote:Wow Lissee - that must've been quite a shock to experience. Poor moggie Sad

Must've been sad for the kids to see as well. I took the cat I'm babysitting to the vet for a check-up. He said he thought the cat might have hyperthyroidism (no - I don't think so. I checked it out last time the cat was in my care in autumn) and repeated some blood tests and then charged me £120! Ug.

The price of private cat care...

What really pissed me off were the kids were laughing at the cat, the strange noises and strange positions it was contorting into, they thought it was funny and I was trying to make sure they didnt distress it anymore.

thats the first time in two years i could actually have done with another adult in the house to help out.

Yeah vet fees are fun. You come out of the surgery , tears in your eyes, "that will be £36 please" For an injection bloody hell , So i cried some more lol

How come u have to pay for someone elses cat fees , send him the bill.
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:41 pm

What really pissed me off were the kids were laughing at the cat, the strange noises and strange positions it was contorting into, they thought it was funny and I was trying to make sure they didnt distress it anymore.

confused

How old are your children? Maybe they thought the cat was playing?

That's so awful - having to balance things with the kids being clueless on one hand, and having to sort out the pain your cat was in on the other.

I don't know why my bill was £120. It was freeing cold and snowing and I didn't ask for a breakdown receipt. I'll ask when the vet phones with the results just to double check.

The cat belongs to a neighbour/friend of mine. He travels a lot and isn't around for months/weeks and in a way, I've kind of adopted his cat as a part of my own, when I'm not travelling and being away lol. I don't want to upset his owner when he comes back for Christmas with a huge bill. He works as an artist so I guess it can't be easy. Anyway, I'll just take another of his photographs for payment Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:42 pm

confused

How old are your children? Maybe they thought the cat was playing?

That's so awful - having to balance things with the kids being clueless on one hand, and having to sort out the pain your cat was in on the other.

I don't know why my bill was £120. It was freeing cold and snowing and I didn't ask for a breakdown receipt. I'll ask when the vet phones with the results just to double check.

The cat belongs to a neighbour/friend of mine. He travels a lot and isn't around for months/weeks and in a way, I've kind of adopted his cat as a part of my own, when I'm not travelling and being away lol. I don't want to upset his owner when he comes back for Christmas with a huge bill. He works as an artist so I guess it can't be easy. Anyway, I'll just take another of his photographs for payment Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm

They are only 6 and 3 and havnt any experience of death , thank god. So cant blame them . At least they arn't upset over it I supposse.
Its mad the actual injection only cost 78p on the bill £20 just to let you in the door and 15 for disposal of the body . Could have brought it home but didnt fancy bringing and dead cat home and trying to dig a hole in the garden with all that snow .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah - children at that age don't really 'get' death. They repeat what adults tell them about death, but always think people or animals get better after dying. Just like in the Tom and Jerry cartoons. When they're 9 or older, then they get it.

Wow. You paid to dispose of your cat body?! Why not take it and bury it in the back garden?! If my friend's cat died, he'd bury it in the patio garden so that he could go down and visit every now and then. Only thing is...neither of us have a spade and yes the ground must be rock hard at the moment. Worse, my freezer is full so there's no storage room for winter there either.

I bet we would pay more money than you did, just because we're in a larger city Sad

Hope you've got friends and family to be with over holiday Lissee too.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:14 pm

I dont like the whole burying thing . Even for myself I would rather be cremated. Plus I had to go straight into work after it so didnt want to be keeping it in the car . Lol I hate touching animals that have gone hard too .
Christmas is great tho . I go to my mum's and my two sisters will be there too . So no worries on that front . Last day of work tomorrow till the 4 of jan . So its all good .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Crikes Lissee. I don't know how you do it. Even this little guy I'm taking care of - if anything happened to him I'd be too upset to go to work the same day. Or next day. Shocked

I'm vegetarian so I don't mind touching dead animals since I'm not going to be eating them afterwards!

I'm looking forward to Christmas too - as long as I'm not stuck in the snow all holiday. Just my gf and me and the little cute tabby I'm taking care of at the moment for the holidays Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm

My work mates have seen me shed a few tears in the past . I work with two lads and I consider them as probably some of my closest mates so it was easier going into work and getting them to give me some sympathy and then cheer me up with taste less insensitive jokes . Lol
Hope you have a lovely christmas together . Sounds lovely . Im looking forward to seeing the faces of my two wee boys when they see what santa has left them . Then I will spend the whole morning trying to build hot wheels race tracks that they will play with for half an hour then probably demolish . Lol
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 pm

~Lol...I haven't tried bursting out in tears in front of my work colleagues. Do you think that will make them think I'm such a hunky manly person then? lol!

You're fortunate to have good friends at work. Some of my close girlfriends find that with male work colleagues, there is always a hidden agenda. The single guys know you're single or separated, and are friendly as platonic can be. One girl split from her husband after 10 years of 'happy' marriage. She was happy - happily oblivious of the fact that he'd been having an affair for a number of years. She had a male work colleague who was very supportive of her. Err...so supportive, that he moved in with her!

Now she supports him. Oer!!

Yeah - we want to have a quiet Christmas together without too much travel. I'll see my nephew etc but stay around to recover from the year Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 am

Just read this

*hugs* Lisa Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:18 am

dan wheres my hug for my loss of the coolest guineapig ever?
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Will you so lucky mate,

*hugs and kisses* for Will Wink

j/k

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R