Careful with those snowball fights!

Go down

Careful with those snowball fights!

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:03 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8429647.stm

Police are investigating the murder of a 20-year-old man, who was stabbed after a snowball fight in Denbighshire.Anthony
Finbar Burke was injured in the abdomen by a kitchen knife near his
home in Clos-y-Berllan in Rhuddlan at around 2230 GMT on Wednesday. North Wales Police, said he died later in Glan Clwyd hospital at Bodelwyddan. A
local man, 19, has been arrested on suspicion of murder. Police want to
speak to anyone who saw a group of youths in the area at the time. Officers, who were called to reports of an argument, are carrying out house-to-house inquiries.

Hope you weren't involved Dan!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Careful with those snowball fights!

Post by Lissee on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Crikey there are some unstable people in this world .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:48 am

I know, I just heard about that today, It about 15 miles up the road from me :/

He was being sentenced today, hope he rots away in jail!

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_pearson17 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 am

Yeh snowball fights are bad, They sting when you compress them and throw em hard enough and when your stood on ice you fall over wich hurts a bit Laughing
Jon_pearson17
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 am

I know jon . I didnt enjoy our snow ball fight at all last night . It was fantastic having a white christmas, because my mum lives right by the sea we rarely get snow that lyes but it was brill last night .
Lissee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Why on earth would anyone bring a knife to a snowball fight?! confused

That's some serious inadequacy in his personality....

Just awful.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Hmm I've seen them types waling around that area, even look at them wrong an you will have a hole in your back.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Is that some kind of gang you have in Wales?

I thought that was just us over here. Sad to see it's affecting rural Wales too.

All that English riff-raff emigrating over? J/k
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Well that area is known for being quite ruff and a lot of this gang violence going on. Here its the trend for towns to go against each other. Its the town im from against the town 5 miles away and the town 10 miles away. Ohh I could go on for days, its really just pathetic, all this fighting they do is ending up in deaths. There has already been stabbing around here. They think its great that they walk around carrying wheel wrenches, flick sticks, screw drivers and blades.

I know, its the place you'd least expect it too. I tend to keep my lid on where possible, I don't want any of these f'ing thugs knowing what bike I have now.

Hahaa, English emigrating, afraid not, the welsh around here are terrible too, theres one village they come from as soon as they have beer, they have the tendency to smash up the pub and say in welsh of course 'Wanna fight cunt?'

All pathetic, the lot of them.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 pm

it's strange with the BBC news - they kind of report it as if shock! horror! a little small town and suddenly someone gets knifed innocently after a snowball fight.

It sounds very much like here in the city. Oh well. So the Welsh aren't all well behaved like you! lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 pm

That is pretty big, for an area like this, people do get stabbed and that, but it often doesn't lead to anything, therefore the BBC do not get wind of it. Its the same in New York I think it is, but on a much larger scales, where on average there is like up to 5 murders a day.

Nope, I am one of those placid welshies Laughing

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 am

Nope, I am one of those placid welshies

Very Happy

April's Fool is still 4 months away Dan!

I guess you have all the English riff-raff from Liverpool and Chester drifting into Wales to wreck it all for you. What's nice about being away from London near this side of the coast is the sheer beauty of the place....the crime rates are very very low. My girlfriend forgot to lock the front door and she's still alive lol!

Don't miss England or London at the moment, but will have to brave the weather and head back sometime soon!

Happy New Year Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:39 am

April's Fool is still 4 months away Dan!

lol!

Yeah, I guess your probably right, its only 25 miles to the border, my Dad lives pretty much on the border. Ohh where are you now? Are you back at Jersey?

Haha, I do that all the time, I went to sleep the other night and forgot to lock the door. Its soo annoying, there is 4 doors going into my Dads house, and being I'm always up latest then I have to go round and check them all.

I would stay over there as long as you can, the weather here for the last 2 weeks have been mainly snow and ice, my bike has been under a cover outside. I went out to it before, to have a look and all moisture has gotten in and the cover had frozen to the bike Sad Damn I miss the sunshine. Apparently we are going to be victims of this weather even longer to, at least until February.

Happy New Year to you too Smile Are you doing anything special tonight?

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:54 pm

25 miles is a lloooong way away!

Yes - back in Jersey - but I moved from the old place (small, tiny box like that it was). We get the warmer eastern winds than you lot Smile

I probably will be staying here as long as I can! You know - I walk past a pretty little red and black RS50 most days here and it isn't covered up at all. The weather hammers it and I wonder why the owner doesn't invest in a cheap cover just to stop it??

I know how miserable the weather can be over there...a guy here from Wales tells me all about it. He moved out here years ago and never went back to Wales.

We're up on New Year's day listening to the waves Smile

Happy New Year!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 am

I know, its great, well more than 25 miles and I get the pleasure of riding it when i go to my dads house at the weekends, its shit ion the cold weather though Sad

Ohh, have you taken the MG or civic over with you?

I would stayt out there as long as possible too, I was soo cold last night, my mate kept giving me his beer to hold, it was really cold, my hands are nearly bleeding on the knuckles this morning Sad Then the police came so I hid my beer in a womans garden and went to ge it later and it had gone Sad Laughing

Yeah its very miserable here, I thought there was going to be a major snowball fight last night, but it had all melted by the time new years came lol.

It sounds like a better new years than mine, I was getting the cold shoulder of a lady friend of mine all evening Sad

Actually maybe you can help me, Hmm, I'll PM you.

What temperature was it down there last night? It was in the minuses here, but a mixture of spirits kept me on my toes Smile

Happy New Year Morgan, all the best for 2010.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 am

25 miles feels toooo cold in England!

I've got the Civic over here. Had to bring my girlfriend and cat over. Now I gotta think of how to go back and get the bike over. Hey - I have a garage here Smile

Yeah - I've been reading the weather reports and England looks like it's really really cold. I will be out here till Spring anyway, but I need to go back to London some weekends to get some stuff.

So no snow this weekend for you? Lol - I can see France from my back yard lol! Sarah Palin, the failed American president from Alaska would be impressed since she can see Russia from her back yard! lol!

I spent New Year with my gf watching the shore - it was quiet and lovely. The lunar walk towards the fortress out in the coast was freeing...!~ Temp here - 6 degrees. Nowt as cold as England! I'm glad it' s so warm here - I'm not in the mood for more cooolld!

Happy new year too - take care with that riding in this season!

Morgan
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:48 pm

It certainly is at this time of year, even going out side the back door and you freeze,

Ohh, its easier to carry stuff on the Civic isn't it really Smile Which bike are you going to be taking over with you? The garage, now thats a luxury you hope you won't get used to, you will miss it badly when you move back to London.

There was some snow this morning, they and to come and rush quickly to get me from town because it was dry and just sticking quickly.

That must be pretty cool, like being on your own little island and France from your back garden, thats cool. I wish, I could live somewhere like that sometimes, but I'd want one by myself. I do like my own company though, I've missed it, because in the holidays, I'm always with people.

That sounds cool, just like you 2 by yourselves, most people barely remember the new year, I kind of see it as stupid that we spend the first day of the new year feeling all groggy and that, but I guess its like a tradition now.

Thanks, and you Morgan Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content