Allen key force multiplier?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Allen key force multiplier?

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Well I was worried the car drivers would get into an accident and then blame me for their careless driving! Besides - us motorcyclists have to put up with their diesel on the road all the time....

It spewed all the oil out very quickly. The line wasn't leaking or anything after service: it was absolutely fine, and then something happened, and the line ripped, spewing everything out - all the engine oil within the speed it takes to drain from the line. That's why it was fish tailing like crazy - there was just so much oil coming out, there was nothing for the tyre to grip.

Engine's perfect: my engine is completely covered in loads of electronic sensors, so if something happens, it cuts out immediately. I know the Suzuki's would only tell you something has happened after the engine con rod has blown up and gone through to the other side lol.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Ohh don't we know about it, if its not diesel its sheep shit & piss. I got into a 4 wheel slide the other day while driving on the local village idiots mud in the road!

If you were to dodge all the diesel on the roads in the UK, I'm pretty sure the boys in blue would do you for drink driving!

Thats a terrible experience, so was it a faulty line or an error on the garages behalf?

LOL did that happen to your SV or Gixxer6? Good old Aprilia's. Maybe Suzukis do that so that they make much more money on the repair jobs.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 pm

We get a lot of cow pats and turned over mud (wet mulchy) on the roads from tractors in the island!

The worse bit is...the farmers and locals never signal or indicate. I asked my colleagues why. They said that the farmers don't indicate - "because they always go that way". Shocked

It was 99% the garage's fault. They didn't want to accept the blame, but didn't charge me to fix it either. Put it this way - my bike was perfect over the past 3 1/2 years; then I got it serviced in the authorised garage a day before the oil line suddenly whipped open. Too coincidental ...!

Hahaa - SV. What other budget bike could it possibly happen to? Very Happy

The GSXR600 was reliable; it was okay, but just a milf's wet dream in a blue and white shellsuit lol! It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't crap either. Parts were cheap. That's the nice bit. No warnings though. Just complete engine failure on both, if the rectifier blows; or if the engine overheats. Suzukis are good for the price you pay - even the GSXR600 was about 3K cheaper than the Aprilia.....we do seem to get what we pay for when it comes to bikes....up to about £10K, and then everything else is too expensive lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I never knew farming was that big a thing over there.

Shocked mind you, every one over there probably knows one another and which way they go. Theres a guy round here that walks around noting number plates in his little book Rolling Eyes I just hope he hasn't got any of mine. Weird guy, he lives with 3 or 4 of his borthers in one house well a farm, the locals know them as the 'inbreds' lol!

They must have known it was their fault but didn't want to accept blame, more than likely very embarrassed about the situation if you ask me.

Thats a shame about the SV, I always liked the Suzuki's, mind you just like any bike each any everyone has their common faults and niggles.

I think you made the right choice with your bike though, it looks as though Aprilia managed to iron them all out before that hit the market Smile

Would you buy a new bike again?

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Farming was one of the largest industries here before the 70's/80's. Then it became tourism, then commerce.....

Hell - why would anyone go around copying numberplates? That would seriously spook me. I'd have to beat him up just to make sure he doesn't try to nick my bike or sell the info to some criminal underworld who turn up with a van and ramp.

The SV is still a good little bike. I'd pushed mine to around 30K miles before I swapped a new engine into it.

Yeah - I bought the Factory new, partly because I'm hopeless at telling what's wrong with a second hand bike. Mine you - the MG has no problems either. Whereas the two Suzuki's never let me have a life. I spent most of my recreational time on the 'hard shoulder' lol!

The garage guys were embarrassed - they are genuine and not trying to fleece or anything. I've known them for years, so we can put the incident behind us. I still want first dibs on taking the RSV4 for a 'courtesy' bike when i leave my bike in to get the tyre pressures checked Laughing
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:28 pm

I see, I bet tourism bought many things to the island in the way of money and a better industry.

He's quite a weird bloke, harmless man though. He was there one day when I was cleaning my bike, so I started it and revved it in the middle of the village, you should have seen his face, he didn't stay around for long lol! Nothing like that ever happens around here in the way of cars being robbed Smile I think he has a slight mental disorder, he must be over 60 by now.

How many miles has your Factory pushed out now?

Was the SV capable of more than 30K do you think?

Laughing I bet that was quite embarrassing, the Gixxer isn't really used all year round, just for the Sunday riders so you probably won't see many of them parked up and fairings off, if it was an RS50 on the other hand lol!

Fair play to them, I would have been made up to take the RSV4 out, are you not ever so slightly tempted to purchase one? Very Happy Do they charge you to check the pressures? Laughing

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Harmless guys are hard to separate from the other types! I guess there are weird people out there. When I had the oil spill, a kid and his girlfriend came up to my bike and started oogling my number plate. Then he started drawing out the dimensions of a 'proper' number plate in the air, and drawing/comparing mine to it, trying to make some kind of half-wit statement about mine being too small.

Miles? 10K Smile

The SV would just rattle to pieces. I lost loads of bits from bbeing rattttled to bits. The radiator grills; various screws and bits. 30k was pushing it before the engine transplant. It was just hard work - every week, something else would go wrong. In the end, it stopped me from having a life! I had to get rid of it. Like some girlfriends - high maintenance, and you can't dump them in case they come after you to cut your balls off, but you know you've got to dump them, otherwise you'll have a ball and chain around your neck. I did 30K in a relatively short space of time too; about 4 years. That's a bit for a bike eh. I prob. ploughed over £7k for mods and repairs, parts and labour etc on it. Negative return Sad

Yeah - the garage know I don't have any facilities here. Either my pump/pressure gauge is here, or in the island. That way, I am always relying on one garage either here or there. They've got used to me Smile

Tempted to purchase a RSV4? At £12K? (eek). I prefer my Factory! £12K will net a basic RSV4 without carbon fibre body features. The race version costs £14K. Both - before VAT too! I couldn't cope with 3 motorcycles. That's wayyyy too much. Can you imagine? I'd need 30 locks for peace of mind! lol!

Good night - I'm knackered!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:50 pm

ive gone from 8k to 22k on my bike and its a 50cc hahah
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Ohh dear, was he one of them arrogant young ones with his new girlfriends who was trying to look big? Please tell me you made a fool out of him just like you did to that teenage lad who asked you for some 'fags' then you explained it would make his penis shrink lol!

10K Wow ~ its barely run in Smile I'd expect quite a high return in mileage from one of those machines.

Was the SV from new?

Such a shame, could of just been a bad experience with a bike, everyone will remember that bad car / bike which caused them nothing but problems, I remember when we had a bad experience with a car. We've had Fords since then. Been good to us so far Smile

Did you make any money when you came to sell the SV in the end?

Well if you take it to a garage, at least you know its been done accurately and it causes you no problems.

Isn't there an RSV4 factory coming out? I think I read something about it in a magazine, its like a lesser version but still more than capable for the road, still I'd rather have the best just for braggin' rights. 3 motorcycles Shocked I'm all for one for everyday of the week Very Happy J/K

Then that would take you EVEN longer than the 12 minutes it takes to remove all your locks and covers in their current state.

Do you use that many lock over at the island too?

Good night Morgan, must say I'm about to hit the sack myself Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:03 pm

DanHam wrote:I'm about to hit the sack myself Smile

Thats what you call it now ehh? you gay bastard
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 am

Will-Radford wrote:
DanHam wrote:I'm about to hit the sack myself Smile

Thats what you call it now ehh? you gay bastard

LOL LOL LOL
You know what I meant Wink

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Haha..dirty minded Will! Naughty Will! Naughty naughty naughty!! Very Happy

Well I cleaned my bike after going out all day. Some middle aged lady walked past me and then whistled: "nice bike!" Lol. It's the last thing you'd expect from middle-aged people dressed formally in their Sunday best!

Took ages cleaning it. I had some help though. No steam cleaner - a proper pressure washer. Cost me £10 a clean though. Grumble grumble!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Its Will were talking about here, what do you expect Wink

Wow ~ fair play to the lady people like her normally would look down on people riding a motorcycle, or maybe thats just the people around here Rolling Eyes

A pressure washer is a brilliant piece of equipment, be careful using it on your bike though, theres soo much damage it can cause.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Will .... will get over it Very Happy

There are people who are really sweet in London too! They're not all text book cut-outs thankfully. Some are though. One nice thing about underfunding, is that there are never enough police around now to tick us off for small licence plates or dark visors etc. They seem to do that more outside of London. Everything is covered by CCTV here though. Very different lifestyle.

I watch out for the X links in the chain and the radiator too. Most of the bike tyres and metal bits get the pressure treatment - not the carbon fibre. That just needs a wipe.

I'm no longer lazy Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:12 pm

I doubt they bother in London, one click of the blue lights and any motorcyclist would be able to filter his way into the wilderness of all that grey Smile

Its great to hear you have under gone conversion and now look after that fabulous motorcycle, if I owned such a thing I would spend most of my time looking at it Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:52 pm

The London bike forum seems to go on about how bikers get picked on (mostly guys who hang out in hordes though). Any excuse to turn on the wailing belisha beacons! That happened to me once though - I had to slow down to let the police car catch up with me Very Happy

Haha - my motorcycle was never ever really THAT dirty! It's just that it was never emmm, spotless. I do take care of it; regular servicing; regular wash downs - all this, without running water or a proper garage. That ain't easy! Of course, it's always covered, and locked and bolted to the ground with 9 security locks. That kinda eats up into my life as it is!

Remember - motorcycles are there for freedom Smile

I don't want to be chained to mine but I don't want it to fall apart due to entropy too!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2