Any of you remember cassette tape walkmans?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Any of you remember cassette tape walkmans?

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:37 pm

...and your grammar ain't bad either Very Happy

Can't be bothered with Apple iTunes. My iTunes just disappeared from my Windows PC once.

I'm starting to wonder if my parents have any vinyl LP's and that like you do, Hmm, I may have to do some digging Smile As for recording to you play it then hold the mini disc by the speakers like we used to do about 5 years ago with out 'Nokia' phones? Laughing

Wondering??! Lol. Probably. If they haven't dumped them. I was in an antique hi-fi shop with a friend and I found loads of trashy vinyl LPs from the 80's/90's that I wouldn't have dared touch in case I got contaminated....things like 'Adam Ant'; 'Culture Club'; 'Erasure'; 'The Commodores'. None of those names will mean anything to you, but take my word for it - they all SUCK!

Fucking hated them. I always ended up getting lost on the tape and didn't know what song i was on or anything LOL

Well tape is apparently selling more than they have done for a few years! They are still made of course. Mostly sold to tape/cassette enthusiasts who like the warm non-tinny non-high pitched squealing digital iPod sound. For guys who know their music and like it so much, that they know where they are Smile

They were called discmans lolz...but they had their flaws too, it was nice playing the track what you wanted, but for example, if you jumped it used to glitch or skip songs and that kind of thing, so you coulnt really dance around with them.

I've still got 3 Smile

And ...! They ALL work! The oldest one is from 1991. That's older than you lol Smile

They do skip; bump, skid, do wheelies and miss the track. Just like your 50cc Smile

When the digital mp3 players came out, they were really revolutionary and very useful for people since your songs would never skip anymore, you could run, dance etc. And you didnt even need to think of a disk or a cassete.

Cassettes and mini-disc never skipped! My iPod does though. It stutters really badly now. That's because of hard drive wear probably.

Believe it or not, I like discs and cassettes. Not so fond of CDs: too big to be portable. Scratch easily too. Mini-discs - now these are fabulous! Palm sized - just perfect. I like the artist's project of a 10 track album. I don't like compilations starting from 1 and ending in 500, drifting meaninglessly from one track to another. A definite body of 10 tracks; just like a book written in chapters, or an essay written with pages, each page ending at the bottom, rather than a mass of words all stuck together in a meaningless lump...like a MP3 player Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTenerife on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:...and your grammar ain't bad either Very Happy

Oh..thank you ..haha

They were called discmans lolz...but they had their flaws too, it was nice playing the track what you wanted, but for example, if you jumped it used to glitch or skip songs and that kind of thing, so you coulnt really dance around with them.

I've still got 3 Smile

And ...! They ALL work! The oldest one is from 1991. That's older than you lol Smile
Nice, thats pretty cool that you still have one even 3 of the after all these years and even working! And im still very young arent I.
I bet they will be quite collectible in some years, and be worth some money.

They do skip; bump, skid, do wheelies and miss the track. Just like your 50cc Smile
50cc ftw!

When the digital mp3 players came out, they were really revolutionary and very useful for people since your songs would never skip anymore, you could run, dance etc. And you didnt even need to think of a disk or a cassete.

Cassettes and mini-disc never skipped! My iPod does though. It stutters really badly now. That's because of hard drive wear probably.

Believe it or not, I like discs and cassettes. Not so fond of CDs: too big to be portable. Scratch easily too. Mini-discs - now these are fabulous! Palm sized - just perfect. I like the artist's project of a 10 track album. I don't like compilations starting from 1 and ending in 500, drifting meaninglessly from one track to another. A definite body of 10 tracks; just like a book written in chapters, or an essay written with pages, each page ending at the bottom, rather than a mass of words all stuck together in a meaningless lump...like a MP3 player Very Happy

I see what you mean about these long compilations haha, and its just not the same playing a Cd or a cassete rather than an mp3 player. Less Interaction or whatever.

My father actually loves Cd´s haha, Im still amazed how much Cds hes got and he also doesnt like mp3 players and that kind of stuff, he enjoys getting the disc out reading some of that info the cover art, etc.
He got a massive collection of cds and he probably listened to it all aha.

In some years discs will be such antique things and kids wont probably know what they´re like...
MasterTenerife
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Nice, thats pretty cool that you still have one even 3 of the after all these years and even working! And im still very young arent I.
I bet they will be quite collectible in some years, and be worth some money.

Yeah - all 3 work! Amazingly, the best one is the oldest one. But I did pay around £190 for it when it came out....!

You're the same age as my nephew who walks into lamp posts because he's too busy playing his playstation walking down the street. I wouldn't trust my nephew with a 50cc. Hard to say....some of the older Sony CD players seem to have a vintage collectable value tag. Personally, I just like to use gear, rather than hoard things.

50cc ftw!

Loollll. I never was a scooterfag lol!
Did my Direct Access and straight onto a Honda 500CB Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTenerife on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

[quote="Bluecollarlove"]

Yeah - all 3 work! Amazingly, the best one is the oldest one. But I did pay around £190 for it when it came out....!

You're the same age as my nephew who walks into lamp posts because he's too busy playing his playstation walking down the street. I wouldn't trust my nephew with a 50cc. Hard to say....some of the older Sony CD players seem to have a vintage collectable value tag. Personally, I just like to use gear, rather than hoard things.

Loollll. I never was a scooterfag lol!
Did my Direct Access and straight onto a Honda 500CB Very Happy

I was born in the wrong times...haha...would be nice to legally ride a bigger bike, but oh well.
I wish i didnt break everything when i was younger now, but every young boy does that right? haha.
And that was pretty funny about your nephew lol.

Im off to bed now, i ve got school in the morning after all. So ill catch you later i guess.
MasterTenerife
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 pm

How was school Smile

Every youngster breaks things? Lol. No. I didn't. My brother did that for me Smile

I was born in the wrong times...

You mean....surely you don't mean.....you mean, you were an 'accident'?? lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am

Bluecollarlove wrote:You mean....surely you don't mean.....you mean, you were an 'accident'?? lol!

lol! MT got pwned yet again!

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am

Ahahah pwnage by morgan
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Lol. It was unintentional guys ~ really Laughing

Will - would you prefer to be pwned by Morgan or spell-checked by Morgan? Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Lol. It was unintentional guys ~ really Laughing

Will - would you prefer to be pwned by Morgan or spell-checked by Morgan? Very Happy

I sense sarcasm in the top sentence Wink I like it Smile

Do my posts ever need to be spell checked?

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Your spelling is next to impeccable Dan!

It's those 15 year olds and 16 year olds on the forum here lol!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Your spelling is next to impeccable Dan!

That's what I like to hear Smile

Tlkin in txt spk tks lngr imo Laughing

I think it's more a thing of what they were taught in school and being bothered to type correctly. And then of course you have MT who gets confused which language is which Razz

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Text speak and twitter are beyond me! Bring back Latin I love you

Time to head out to town for the night.....Katz U L8er.
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTenerife on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:11 pm

DanHam wrote:
Bluecollarlove wrote:Your spelling is next to impeccable Dan!

That's what I like to hear Smile

Tlkin in txt spk tks lngr imo Laughing

I think it's more a thing of what they were taught in school and being bothered to type correctly. And then of course you have MT who gets confused which language is which Razz

F***off, gilipollas!
MasterTenerife
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Twitter ~ Wow I have no idea what that's all about, I keep getting an email of this girl asking me to join up and 'follow me on Twitter'

You know I think when they made that they described all their users in the name.... 'Twit' lol!

Have a good evening Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Keep with it Dan! You're supposed to be young and up to date, not old and out of date like me lol.

Apparently some high profile twits use twitter! For example - Jonathan Twit-Ross; Angelina Ballerina-Twit-Jolie; Brad-Pitt-Twit.

It's a part of the sound bite culture, that fits in to software like Facebook; LinkedIn and other social networking sites, aimed at 'loosely' keeping in touch superficially, but never really getting to know someone. Twits love it Very Happy
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Keep with it Dan! You're supposed to be young and up to date, not old and out of date like me lol.

Apparently some high profile twits use twitter! For example - Jonathan Twit-Ross; Angelina Ballerina-Twit-Jolie; Brad-Pitt-Twit.

It's a part of the sound bite culture, that fits in to software like Facebook; LinkedIn and other social networking sites, aimed at 'loosely' keeping in touch superficially, but never really getting to know someone. Twits love it Very Happy

I went on there once. It says do a search... so I did 'Honda VFRs'. Very little came back. I got bored. How am I supposed to know what to search for if I don't know whats going on? lol!

All the celebs are using it now, even David Cameron, I say if these bloody MP's have the time to go on Twitter and to watch 'Waking the dead' as Cameron likes to watch then they need the sack. All this moaning they do about the country and they are doing all they can but yet they have time to go on TWITter Laughing

I use Facebook very often, I like going on that to find out whats been happening with people like who's 'bonking' (nos Wink ) who and such. It also stops me texting 24/7 so I can keep in touch with friends Smile

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTenerife on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:06 am

DanHam wrote:...so I can keep in touch with friends Smile

Like you have any... Cool
MasterTenerife
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:08 pm

MasterTenerife wrote:
DanHam wrote:...so I can keep in touch with friends Smile

Like you have any... Cool

Excuse me? Aren't all your friends in play group? Laughing

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:07 pm

DanHam wrote:
All the celebs are using it now, even David Cameron, I say if these bloody MP's have the time to go on Twitter and to watch 'Waking the dead' as Cameron likes to watch then they need the sack. All this moaning they do about the country and they are doing all they can but yet they have time to go on TWITter Laughing

I use Facebook very often, I like going on that to find out whats been happening with people like who's 'bonking' (nos Wink ) who and such. It also stops me texting 24/7 so I can keep in touch with friends Smile

That sounds like Facebook!

Well after amassing about 600 friends, my nephew gave up on Facebook when he accidentally added his mum in as a contact lol!

This is getting scarey: if Cameron wins the next general election, I'm leaving the country!
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 pm

MT got pwnt!!!
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:That sounds like Facebook!

Well after amassing about 600 friends, my nephew gave up on Facebook when he accidentally added his mum in as a contact lol!

This is getting scarey: if Cameron wins the next general election, I'm leaving the country!

Laughing 600 friends! Does he know all of them. I never add people on Facebook I wait for them to add me...don't half get some bloody weirdo's n' all.

Remind him that he can block him Mum from seeing his wall posts etc.. I have my step Dad on Facebook, he never tells my Mum anything about what goes on on my page, I doesn't really bother me. Its my mates Dad who I have to watch out for, if I'm having a conversation with a girl, he will read through the comments and then tell my Mum that I'm 'banging' her Shocked Its the same with any pictures of me and a girl on Facebook, he interrogates me like crazy when I go to his house lol!

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Facebook is definitely for others to spy on you!

I doubt he knows them. Half of them, I bet he befriended through Runescape. My point to him is, if you have 600 friends, you would spend less than 1 minute a week with each, otherwise you couldn't be that close Smile

Don't want to encourage my nephew to be any more secretive than he hs already! I' sure he knows how to block others. I set my privacy filters on the highest, so that virtually no one can detect me on FB Smile
Bluecollarlove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

you added me on facebook dan
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Facebook is definitely for others to spy on you!

I doubt he knows them. Half of them, I bet he befriended through Runescape. My point to him is, if you have 600 friends, you would spend less than 1 minute a week with each, otherwise you couldn't be that close Smile

Don't want to encourage my nephew to be any more secretive than he hs already! I' sure he knows how to block others. I set my privacy filters on the highest, so that virtually no one can detect me on FB Smile

I think I need to clear out my friends, to those that I only know really well and trust. But then I'd look like a Billy-no-mates Laughing

600 is loads, imgaine commenting to all of them, by the time you would have got to the end the first comment would be 12 months old lol.

Privacy is the key on Facebook, even the owner of Facebook apparently has pictures set so private that only he can see them, which defeats the object of them being on Facebook.

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Will-Radford wrote:you added me on facebook dan

Yes but dear William, you requested my add Wink

Current
1992 Honda VFR400 R
2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
DanHam
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next